Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Technology Tuesday - iPad to iPad

Today was the first day for students and Princess and I are a little wiped.  However we promised ourselves we would be better about posting. (Although why we think it makes more sense now when we are working than the summer when we were not, I have no idea....it is a teacher thing.   We do better with routine.)

Today's technology is one our teachers wrestle with.  Our school district is not one to one yet and our students do not even have emails.  We do have iPads in some classes thanks to the special Ed innovation grant the Princess and I helped write two years ago.  Since it was my brainchild, I have had the task of coordinating them and teaching teachers.  Since last year was the first time I have had a tablet in my hands, the learning curve has been huge.  One of the biggest things is getting things off the iPad so other this could be done with it.  I usually had that cry for help when students and teachers were knee deep in a project.  Other than emailing it I was at a loss.  Our students are too young for Dropbox and our teachers were struggling.  Princess and I have experimented with a couple of apps, but these two are our favorites.
Instashare is great to share photos.  Although you can share files, we liked it best for photos.  Basically it finds other wireless devices within proximity.  Once detected, you can just drag and drop your photos to that device.  So simple.  Last year our fifth graders all took pictures for their graduation slide show and then needed to get them all onto one iPad so the editing group could make a movie.   This would have been so easy!

 
We also used Cloudon.  I created a document in Pages and then used the Share and Print button to open in another app and get it to Princess who changed it and sent it back to me.  Simple, simple, simple.  It accesses my Google drive account which allows access from a PC which is a plus as our school is still PC based.

I am sure there are a thousand other ways to do this, but it has to be simple or our teachers eyes glaze over.  If you are looking for a simple sharing solution, here are two great ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment