Sunday, July 15, 2012

For the Love of Reading: E. L. Konigsburg

When I was in elementary school, one of my favorite books was From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg.  I so wanted to hide out in a museum and have the same adventure.  I reread it over and over again.  The book won the Newbury Award in 1967.   Princess Pea read the book in fourth grade (and I confess I re-read it  for like the hundredth time.)  It is a part of both of our classroom libraries.  Princess Pea is always shocked when she brings up the book and her fellow education majors have never heard of it.
 
 With six teachers retiring this year, Princess Pea did a fair amount of snatching up books for her classroom library.  From one teacher, she found two other books by E.L. Konigsburg.  Who knew she was still writing after all these years.  We looked her up and she is quite the prolific writer.  We thoroughly enjoyed these two books.
 
 
This summer we encourage you to throw a few E.L. Konigsburg titles along with your usual beach reads.  You won't be sorry!

Queen Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment