Sunday, July 22, 2012

Froggy Gets Dressed

Whew!  The week flew by...preschool has been keeping me busy.  Our summer preschool is for our students with more intense needs....for whom 12 weeks of down time would have us starting back at square one.  My preschool routine is based on ABA and TEACCH philosophies.  Each week I choose a book and we read it each day.  I do that because these students need repetition before they can participate.  By Thursday and Friday, they actively interact with the book and all our activities.  Following our circle time (which includes the usual calendar stuff as well as a language activity) the students do individual work basket task.  I try to create activities that follow the book as well as work on skills.
 
This week we read Froggy Gets Dressed.  I love the story for the wonderful sequencing skills.  I also thought a little snow in our drought-filled scorching summer might be cool! (pun intended)   I created some work tasks, a card game and a craft to go with the story.  The clipart came from kidzclub.com.  This wonderful site has tons and tons of story props for trade books.  It is one of the first sites I hit when I am lesson planning.  Here is a glimpse of some of the things I created.



Get the whole pack here.  This my first posting to Google docs so let me know if you have an problems.

Queen Kay

5 comments:

  1. i love your postings! i'd really like to read the froggy-story in my english-class (in germany) and and would be great to have the clothes - but I can't print it out! :(
    can you please try to change that somehow?!?! (sorry, i don't have any idea how that works...)
    thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for the Google docs freebies!! Can't wait to use these next week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resources! One thing I will mention that I am sure was just a typo. Froggy Gets Dressed is by Jonathan London- not Jack London (he wrote Call of the Wild).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool! Best way to learn and revise clothes vocab. And having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Help me please to understand the game rules with cards and a circle game! I saw the instructions but we could not play cause there was not any sence

    ReplyDelete