Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thumbnail Thursday - E is for Explore!

I came across this blog just yesterday and I am so in awe, I just have to share it with you!  Have you visited

Oh my Oh my!  Blogger Erin Bittman has created a site that is exploding (and I wish I had a better word) with amazing ideas and lessons.  She has collected ideas from bloggers, from books, from any source possible.  Some posts she created lessons based on ideas of others and some she has created her own.

How about a little Fruit Roll Up math for area and perimeter?

There's the Standard Form Name Game.
 

Wanna Play Food Chain Freeze Tag? 

How about a little math and language arts integrated together? 

 

I love this one to get kids thinking about vocabulary....wouldn't it make an awesome bulletin board?


She has categories for all subjects and special days.  Here is a great science and social studies idea.  Timelines using the idea of tree rings.


E is for Explore credits all owners of the original ideas and provides links.  Seriously, you had better set aside some time to wade through all the ideas here.  I really think my brain is going to explode from all the ideas I have floating around now.

I know this was supposed to be thumbnails, but I got a little excited about this resource.  It is so creative and edgy. When we grow up we want to be a blog just like E!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring E is for Explore on your blog! Awesome writeup! I'm so happy you find E is for Explore useful. When I first started the blog, I didn't think anyone would check it out. I'm glad that teachers find it useful.
    Sincerely,
    Erin Bittman
    eisforexplore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete