Monday, June 10, 2013

Mondays Musings


   Obviously keeping a blog while in your first year of teaching and in the midst of a SLP shortage was a little harder than we anticipated!  It was quite the busy year for both of us.  However we ( well really I....the princess loves to offer advice, but the nuts and bolts stuff is not her thing) are determined to do this blog thing.  So here I go again....with a few changes.

   Mondays are going to be my musing day....who knows what I might write about...the teacher evaluation system....reform....my messy house....even my hot flashes ( you young things may think that's odd, but there is a whole host of your veteran colleagues fanning themselves shouting "Preach it sister!)  Today I am going to share the Father's Day present I put together for my hubby and my son's    FIL.  You see we are fairly new grandparents with two beautiful (and of course gifted, intelligent blah blah blah) grand babies.  Of the four grandparents, three of us are educators.  Now that is just a bundle of parenting advice just waiting to be dispensed.  When I came across this book, I knew we had to have it.



   I purchased the book and many of the items the book says is essential for babysitting a grandpa and made gift baskets like these for each grandpa.
      

      Aren't they cute?  I just love a book that you can bring to life!  The great thing about this book is that it is entirely true....at least in my husband's case.  When he "babysits" his grandkids rule the roost.  Now Grandpa T. Might be a different story...he is a principal after all.  Of course...a sticky bundle of energy somersaulting her way across the room while singing the Barney song has been known to melt the sternest of hearts!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads who make a difference in our kids lives!



2 comments:

  1. can you share what you put in the basket please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking. I put in kazoos, cookies, crayons and paper. I also put in a ball because that is my grandkids favorite play activity...however, you could also put in ice cream coupons, shark toys, a sleep mask and other things the book mentions.

    ReplyDelete