Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thumbnail Thursday

   Hasn't Pinterest and teaching blogs just completely changed your life?!  I began teaching back in the days when a copy machine was simply high tech.  I hand drew verb cards when I was back in college and painstakingly colored each one.  Newbies like the princess have no idea how good they have it.
   Thursdays are the day I share others' wonderful ideas with you.  There are so many great ideas out there.  Once you start clicking, hours will fly by.

InTech Insights Blog

 
 I came across this blog when I was looking for ideas for our teachers to move beyond using technology just for practice and drill.  She has a ton of great ideas for real teachers and they range from tablet to web based technology.  She hasn't posted since March, but what she has on there will get your brain humming.

Picture of the Day - Science Notebooking Blog

 I saw this idea and loved it.  On the blog, she describes a science class where a teacher warms up with a picture such as this.  He has the students make five observations. Then he makes the students make five inferences. Finally he has the students make five predictions.  We turned it into a bulletin board outside the speech room.  We did a weekly picture.  Our students made five observation, five inferences and five connections.  It was great fun...although Lady A (my trusty assistant said finding the pictures to fit all grades was sometimes a challenge.  Since she is my lifeline most of the time, I let her whine now and then.)

Rockabye Butterfly Blog

 
    Rockabye Butterfly is an awesome blog that has great workbox ideas.  In the summer with my wee special ones, I do work baskets (TEACCH style.)  I made the pre-writing practice books like seen above.  I laminated them and had my kids dry erase markers with them.  They were wonderful.

  I know these are three somewhat unrelated thumbnails, but that is what's great about the digital age...there is something for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment